Tech Team FBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
TristanL
Admin
http://www.projectboxmusic.com

All things Lighting Empty All things Lighting

Wed May 16, 2018 2:02 pm
We are currently figuring out a direction for Lighting, please post ideas, comments and pictures in this thread.

I will get us started!!

All things Lighting RPd2eDJ

All things Lighting 5WV4g7o

All things Lighting KamqiLj

All things Lighting A4mjZxB

Here is a great video on lighting techniques!

Control Lighting with Ableton Live!

Please reply to thread after reading this.

Last edited by TristanL on Thu May 17, 2018 1:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Greg Lane

All things Lighting Empty Re: All things Lighting

Wed May 16, 2018 5:39 pm
Can't say I've got any specific pictures/ideas for lighting.

I know we could use more side lighting, to help eliminate the shadows you can see when people are on stage. Right now we just turn the front lighting up, but that gets in their eyes and makes it harder for them to see.

We've also got a couple dark spots that are difficult to get an even spread of lighting on.

Other than that, the second picture seems like something that would work for us.
TristanL
Admin

Thu May 17, 2018 9:16 am
Greg Lane wrote:Can't say I've got any specific pictures/ideas for lighting.

I know we could use more side lighting, to help eliminate the shadows you can see when people are on stage. Right now we just turn the front lighting up, but that gets in their eyes and makes it harder for them to see.

We've also got a couple dark spots that are difficult to get an even spread of lighting on.

Other than that, the second picture seems like something that would work for us.

Thanks Greg!

I agree, side lighting would be ideal, we could also possibly hang some more ellipsoidal lights above the stage to help with illumination.

We do have some dark spots on the stage -I think repositioning of existing lights and or adding additional lights would help that issue.

I agree with you the 2nd picture is very possible with our current set up, I will look into some ways to possibly hang a back curtain, one that can be separated for baptisms.

Greg we should set up a time to talk about this more in depth, thank you so much for your input!
Bob Banker

Tue May 22, 2018 5:47 pm
All things Lighting Fbc-st11

Please look at this diagram of fixture aiming points and indicate where the dark spots are, and what is on stage that is affected by the dark area.
#78, #79, #19, and #23 are shuttered to keep light out of the eyes of the choir sitting in the chairs on the floor. The red fixtures are for the choir, also limited so they don't affect the back wall uplights.
TristanL
Admin

Wed May 23, 2018 1:01 pm
Bob Banker wrote:All things Lighting Fbc-st11

Please look at this diagram of fixture aiming points and indicate where the dark spots are, and what is on stage that is affected by the dark area.
#78, #79, #19, and #23 are shuttered to keep light out of the eyes of the choir sitting in the chairs on the floor. The red fixtures are for the choir, also limited so they don't affect the back wall uplights.

All things Lighting Giphy
Bob Banker

Wed May 23, 2018 4:35 pm
Looking at the flashing lights gives me a headache. That effect is not useful in our church. Slow it down to 1/10 the speed and it might be better.

TristanL
Admin

Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:45 pm
Bob Banker wrote:Looking at the flashing lights gives me a headache. That effect is not useful in our church. Slow it down to 1/10 the speed and it might be better.

All things Lighting Giphy

Is this any better?

tongue
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum